CRAFTING YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA SO IT WORKS FOR YOU

Crafting your social media so it works for you

Like most things in life, you have to craft something for it to be beautiful & your social media is the same. You need to spend time designing it so that it works and delivers for you and your business. This means that you really start to talk to the brides and grooms that you really want to be working with, that you want to build your wedding business around. Craft the strategy, design the process and you will have success. Just like everything in your biz, you do need to put some time and focus into it, but when you do this, they will work.

Here are three things that will stand you well with your social media success

1. FOCUS

You cannot be everywhere. There are soo many social media channels now that you cannot possibly do all of them and do them well. Social media is not your job, it is a tool for you to book brides so you can do your job. 

So choose one or two social media channels and do them well by posting good content and being consistent). If you are unsure where to focus then grab The Social Media Guide here as it has a handy dandy visibility tool picker to help you decide >>> http://bit.ly/wedbizsocialmediaguide

2. CONTENT

Content is basically the words you write and the images you use. We are exposed to content consistently in our world and we have busy minds and low attention span so it is super duper important that the words and the images you use on your social media are speaking to the brides you want to work with & telling the story you want them to tell.

Your content has to attract their eye and also has to be something they will be interested in. You are better posting less frequently and posting good quality content rather than blasting stuff out every 5 minutes that is just noise. We are after connection and your content needs to have purpose.

When you start to post content your brides care about they will engage with you so make sure you respond and engage back – that is kinda the whole point of this stuff.

Creating strong content is really key in your business and if it is something that you haven’t spent time looking at, now is a good time. It is a crucial step in the business building journey.

 

3. CONSISTENCY

Consistency is key in everything you do in your business and there are some really good reasons for this.

 #1

You never know when your bride is going to come across you so the more consistent you are (in other words, the more often you post on a regular basis) the more likely she is to find you.

#2

Consistency builds trust. Let’s say your bride has been following you for a while and then you suddenly go quiet…she will not think “Oh, she must be busy” she will more likely think that you are not around anymore, or, even sadder, she will just forget about you {sad face}.

#3

Consistency builds traction and by this I mean the more often you do something, the easier it becomes, the more you enjoy it & the more engagement you get because brides start to notice you.

#4

Consistency builds your brand and you need a strong brand to stand out in this busy industry. The wedding businesses that thrive are the ones that have a clear message, a strong brand and a consistent presence…social media can help you build all of these things.

I could ramble on about this for ages, but hopefully, you are starting to see that consistency, showing up regularly in your business, is king when it comes to growing any business but especially one that is in a busy marketplace.

If you feel you need more help, why not sign up for the free 6 part training series which walks you through some of the basics or getting your message right >>> http://www.weddingbizcoach.com/moochtosmooch

This is taken from the Social Media Guide – for the full guide and a 31-day posting schedule download it here for free >>> http://bit.ly/wedbizsocialmediaguide

See your social media as telling a story about you, your brand, your products, and your brides will engage with you *and book*!

 

The Wedding Biz Club: The online community for wedding biz owners who want to be part of something. A place of support, connection and EDUCATION.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

What Actions to Take with the New Facebook Changes – Training Replay

Tea & Teach Training// The Replay

Date: 19 Jan 2018

Context: In Jan 2018 Facebook announced some changes to the way they were promoting posts, in this training I share with you the initial thought, and what you can do.

—————————–

There will always be a new fandagle thing when it comes to social media, well business generally really! We cannot control this. What we can control is the mindset about social media, understanding where it fits in with the cycle of a bride buying & the content we are posting.

In this training I share with you why Facebook have announced changes to the way your audience will see your posts and how this will impact you in your wedding business. I share the way brides buy and why this is different to many other audiences because this will help put this all into context.

Watch the training >>>

Actions to take today >>>

#1 Stop using external scheduling tools to schedule your Facebook content.

You can still pre-schedule your facebook posting ( I strongly recommend you do this from a strategic point of view ) but instead of doing it through an external resource, you use Facebook’s own scheduler. To do that you simply go to post a normal update and then instead of clicking “Publish” you click the little arrow next to that and click “Schedule”. You can also see your scheduled posts by going into “Publishing Tools” on the top menu bar when you are logged in.

#2 Go back to basics and get crystal clear on who you are trying to attract to your booking diary – what type of bride.

What do they want to know about and what will attract them? If you need help with figuring out your soul-bride (the kind of bride you want to build your biz around) then this free training will get it sussed for you >>> http://www.weddingbizcoach.com/moochtosmooch

#3 Start to look at your Facebook insights to see what kinds of posts do well and start to take control of it.

To do this, log into your Facebook page, you will see insights at the top, click that, go down to posts on the left-hand menu and you can start to look at your posts. You can also use this tool to see when your brides are online which should be when you are posting on your page. Make this a weekly or at least monthly habit because it will help you shape your social media to work.

#4 Start thinking about doing the scary thing

Facebook Live and video will continue to be prioritised. FB Lives get 6x more interaction than video so it is a worthwhile thing doing BUT I get that it is super scary! I am running a free challenge in February about Instagram Stories which will help you with FB Live aswell so sign up for that here >>> http://bit.ly/instastorieschallenge 

#5 Consciously think about how you can move brides from your social media into your business, your mailing list.

We need to get brides onto your mailing list as we cannot rely on social media – we know we cannot control social media but we can control our mailing list. If you don’t have a list, don’t panic but you do need to take action to get one. Consciously think about how you can start to move brides from your Facebook to your mailing list. If you need more help with this, we cover all of this and more over in The Wedding Biz Club so you can have this all sorted for a few quid a month! Whoop! Read more here >>> http://www.weddingbizcoach.com/weddingbizclub/

#6 Do a social media review.

Go and look through your Facebook page right now and see if it is good enough – are you actually posting good content or is it a bit naff? Be honest with yourself here. The crocks of it is that you need to be posting good quality content so that when your brides find you, they validate you with social media and they love what they see.

These Facebook changes are not the end of the world BUT they do need you to review what you are doing to see how you can make it better. It may be the kick up the bum you need! If all of this social media stuff freaks you out then this month inside The Wedding Biz Club we are talking all about strategic social media which could not have come at a better time! Join us here >>> http://www.weddingbizcoach.com/weddingbizclub/ 

Two free things for you:

If you need more help with things such as blogging, freebies, mailing lists then there are lots of resources inside The Wedding Biz Club to help. Here are just a few that fit in with this topic:

  • The strategic social media bundle
  • The newsletter bundle
  • The blogging bundle
  • The design your freebie bundle
  • The get your brides on your mailing list bundle

Join the fun here >>> http://www.weddingbizcoach.com/weddingbizclub/ 

With love

 

 

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

3 Tips for Contact Forms on your Website

Using Contact Forms on your Website

4 JULY 2017 // BIZ SH*T

P.s Not a reader? There is a video about this at the bottom of the page!

Before we get into the blog post I want you to go over to your website and take a look at how brides can get in touch with you. Is it really easy for them to do, or do they have to search around a little or faff around copying your email blah blah blah.

We need to make the process as easy as possible.

As shoppers now we are impatient. As buyers, we get frustrated if a website doesn’t load up straight away, if a page takes ages to scroll, if we have to search around looking for a contact form.  As a society now we have the lowest attention span ever, and probably the most impatient ever!  Your bride is no different – in fact she is probably worse because she is on a mission to sort “that thing” she is looking to sort so is in tart mode more than normal (you ca read more about that here >>>)

I have three main tips for you today

Tip #1 – Use an actual contact form

Tip #2 – Don’t ask for too much information

Tip #3 – Help stop lost spam emails!

Tip #1 – Use an actual contact form not an email contact only

It is really easy to set up a contact form on your website so make sure you have one not just an “email us here” with a hyperlink through to your email. Why is this important? Well most brides will be looking at your site from their mobile and most people (me included) do not have their email address linked from their phone in a way that means that when they click on your email it opens up their inbox – it normally tried to open a new window in their internet and goes all a little pete tong (technical term).

So you want to make sure you are making this easy and having a simple contact form on your website, similar to this:

 

If you are using wordpress there are lots of plugins that you can do this with and many themes will have contact form capability. I use Divi for my website and for my clients and there is a really simple Divi Contact Form Module that you can use. Another plugin is Ninja Forms – this one is pretty good for using contact forms in your footer and sidebar (bonus tip!). There are a ton of options so take a look and see what works best for you.

Having a simple contact form works because your bride doesn’t have to try to copy and paste your email, it is just easy for them. Also, if they have been reading about a product or service that they love, if there is a contact form underneath they are likely to send you a message if they are interested. This is evoking some kind of action. It is helping you move your bride down the buying path.

 

Tip #2 Keep the contact form simple

Let’s stop for a second and think about the aim of the contact form. Yes, it is to get some information from the interested bride but it is also step 1 in the enquiry process. You do not want to put them off by asking too many things. You want to start the conversation, open the narrative and start to build that connection so make the contact form simple!

I cannot tell you how many contact forms I have landed on for wedding suppliers that ask for soooo much information it is just overwhelming.  Again, think your bride is probably in the moment of planning, she may be on her lunch break, on the train, on the bus so she may not have time to give you her life story. How many times have you shyed away from doing something because you are like, I will do that when I get some more time. Then your forget.

We want to get the basic details from your bride so you can then ask more questions.

So keep the contact form simple.

Essentially the core information you need is

Name

Email.

That is it.

You may want to ask for what service they are interested in and you may want to ask the wedding date. I say may because what if they don’t know yet. I know you need to know to see if you are available but you can do that will your email to them.

There is a fine balance to strike here between spending too much or too little time replying to enquiries through your website. The best way to deal with this is to have a templated email you send that you can just quickly bespoke for each enquiry you have. That is a topic for another blog post but my point here is that you want to open the conversation with the brides that have enquired with you. You have worked really really hard to get them over to your website and to get them to send you a message so make it easy!

There is another really good reason why you want to open the conversation with them in the email that you send back from the enquiry – because if they reply to you then you will be moved from their spam inbox into their trusted main inbox because the email provider will see you as someone they want to hear from. Now, just to say this may be not the case with ALL email providers, but it is with many.

 

Tip #3 – Tell your bride what happens next 

Doing a contact forms allows you to tell them what happens next and helps you deal with the spam issue

With most website contact forms there will be an option when you set it up to leave a personal message so you can change whatever it says.

So, instead of saying “Form sent” you could change it to something like “Hey you, I will be in touch *make sure you check your spam though because my reply may be in there!*”  This lets your bride know that she needs to check the spam folder if she hasn’t heard from you!

It is super annoying as a supplier when you have replied to an enquiry and then you don’t hear anything – it can often be because the email is sitting in the spam folder – by just letting your brides know this may happen, they will keep an eye out for it.

Another option for you:

Some contact forms allow you to send them to a page on your website – so once they have filled out the contact form you could send them to a thank you page on your website which has a hello from you, tells them to check their spam and also you could include some useful blog posts to get them knowing more about you.

Here is mine: http://www.weddingbizcoach.com/welcome/

Bonus Tip – Personality!

Add some personality to your contact form! (if it feels right for your brand)

A contact form is a great way to add a little personality into your brand so don’t feel like you have to stick to the normal fields – most contact forms will allow you to amend what the fields show up as on the contact so you could have something that sits in with your brand.

You will see in my thank you page, I have added a little extra giggle of personality which I know the right kinds of clients will find funny, and this all helps me to attract them into me.

Final Bonus Tip – Check the contact form actually works!

This sounds like a very very obvious one but make sure you have tested that the contact form actually comes through to your email. In the past I have seen people enter their email address quickly in the setup of the form and then wondered why they were not getting any enquiries through the website…! It is easily done.

YOUR ACTION

01.

Go and have a look at how easy it is for your brides to contact you

02.

Streamline your contact form down if it asks for too much information – save that for the conversation with the bride (ie where you build the connection)

03.

Make sure you advise brides to check their spam whether it is through the message after they have sent the form (which you can normally change in the settings of the contact form) or on the webpage you send them to which is a bespoke thank you page (again, something you can do often do in the settings on many contact forms)

04.

Add some personality into the contact form, if it feels right for your brand

05.

Check the form works!

I hope this was helpful. If you have any questions, pop them in the post below!

Emma

x

 

WATCH THE FACEBOOK LIVE >>>

 

Free Training for wedding business owners who need some quick tips to move forward. Getting those brides from mooching to smooching! (in other words from window shopping to booking YOU!)

Pop your details below to get the training as soon as it is available >>>

.

Name:

Email:

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

One Simple Way to get Brides to your Website

1 Simple Way to Get Brides to your Website

27 JUNE 2017 // YOUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES 

All of this marketing stuff you are doing in your business is with one aim in mind. Getting brides onto your website so they can buy from you. Today I want to share a quick tip with you that will get brides moving easier to your website.

But before we get started you need to know what your website traffic actually is, in other words, how many visitors do you get to your website every day.

Plugins to monitor your website traffic

There are two plugins I would recommend for this, Google Analytics and Count Per Day. Get one of these set up on your website so that you can start to track your website stats. If you already have one of these, or a similar one, set up on your site then jump in today and have a look at your stats. How many visitors do you get to your website. Now we have a base number, we can see if this little trick is working for you.  Like with anything, you need to give a new thing enough room to see if it works. Don’t give up so easily!

Now, here is the super simple way you can get brides to your website

At the end of your newsletter, underneath your signoff, include a list of your recent blogs, or latest products/package updates or anything that entices the reader to click through.

Let me give you an example. At the end of my newsletter, I now include a list of the last 5 or so blog posts, just as really simple click through links. Doing this has had a massive impact on the amount of traffic to my website which in turn has helped my ideal client (you) get to know me more, get to trust me, get to like me (*blushes*) and it helps create a stronger, deeper relationship. Here is what I mean – here is my newsletter and you can see the links at the bottom here highlighted in pink >>> 

This super simple addition to your newsletter will really help to drive the traffic to your site.

Just to say, that if you are drawing brides into your website through your blog post, you want to make sure it is easy for them to click through to find out more and you can read more about that here >>>.

If you are not sending regular newsletters why not just do a round-up post at the end of each week or every couple of weeks saying “Read the latest blog posts here [insert the links]”.

We need to get traffic to your website. We need to close the gap between social media likers and actual moochers – ie brides who are looking around, window shopping, creating their “dream wedding supplier!” list. To do this we need to make it clear and obvious. 

So make the action clear – tell your brides what to do next. Close the gap and make the journey as simple as possible for them.

Do this consistently and then track back to your website stats and see the impact it has had. Just make sure you are realistic – if you only send one newsletter a month then you will need to give it a few months to see a change. If you send a newsletter once a week then you will see a bigger impact quicker.

 

Emma 

 x

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

5 Reasons why Content will grow your wedding business

5 Reasons why Content will grow your wedding business

13 JUNE 2017 // BIZ SH*T

Before I get into this, I want to just clear up what content is. It is this. What you are reading right now. It is words about things that you want to know about.

What made you click on this blog post?

Was it because you wanted to know how you could grow your business? Was it because you know you need to write content for your business and you think this will help?  Was it just because it was a pretty picture and you wanna be noisy (that is fine by the way!!).

Whatever the reason is as to why you clicked on this blog post, the point I want to make is that whichever way you landed on this page on my website, you are only here because of this blog post. This content I created for you.  

If this blog post was not here now, you would be doing something else.

So this leads me to point #1 as to why writing content will grow your business

01. 

Good content (Blog posts, Newsletters, Social Media) drives traffic to your website. Traffic is basically your brides, the people who you are looking to sell to. If the content covers something they want to read about,they will click and read it. This then moves them onto your website where they are likely to have a click around and see what you have to offer. This draws them closer into you and your business.

02. 

The #2 reason why writing content will grow your business is because it builds Trust.

We all need to feel like we trust someone before we buy from them right? Before we look to enquire with them. I bet you, the last time you went to buy something, one of the first things you did was to look at their blog posts to see when they last posted. If it was over a few months ago you may question whether they are still “around”. It just leaves a niggle in your mind as to how active they are. Now in all reality, the reason that a blog post hasn’t been done for a while is likely to be because they are just super busy as a business and therefore haven’t had time to post. As business owners we may think this. But remember, your brides are not in that same mindset. They may see it and think, oh they must not be around anymore.

Posting regular blogs builds trust with your brides because it shows that you are there, and that you understand and that you know what you are talking about.   And this leads me onto #3.

03.

The #3 reason why writing content will grow your business is because it demonstrates your Expertise.

As buyers we are suspicious, right? We are always looking for the negative, I don’t know why, it is just what we are like nowadays (gosh, that makes me sound well old!). Brides are super suspicious. They want to know that the people they are working with are good at what they do. Now you may have beautiful pictures on your website, you may have a beautiful brand but getting across your real expertise can be tricky. Content makes it super easy! You know what you do and you are good at what you do. Your brides don’t know much about what you do so if you write about it, then they will see that you DO know what you do. Does that make sense!? Writing content in your wedding business will help brides realise just how much of an expert you are. Now you are not going to give away your deepest business secrets, but you need to build the trust (see #2) and you need to enhance the fact that you know what you are doing. You can do that with blogging.

04.

The #4 reason why writing content will grow your business is because it helps brides LIKE you.

It can be hard to get across your personality in your business. It is that perfect balance between being professional but also letting your personality shine through. Writing content is a great way to do this.

You can get a real sense of someone’s personality by reading their blogs. By seeing the way they write. It helps you, as a buyer, to know whether that person “gets” you. Whether you will like them.

Now you may think, “Does it really matter if a bride likes me or not?”

My answer to that is YES YES YES! Because the more you get on with your brides, the more fun you will have working with them and the more you will love your business. And when you love love love your business and the people you work with, you will spring out of bed every morning with a super sparkly oomph for the day ahead (trust me – that is me!)

Your content (your blogs, newsletters and social media posts) can really help to build the Likeability factor with your brides…and this leads me to point #5.

05.

The #5 reason why writing content will grow your business is because it connections you with your brides

One of the biggest grumbles I hear from wedding business owners is “How can I reach my brides?”. Through your content. Honestly. THIS is what connects you to your brides. This is what draws them to your website, gets them looking, liking and then booking.

There is soooooo much magic is content that I could harp on about it forEVER!

Writing about things that your brides want to know about draws them to you. They read, they build trust, they see you as an expert, they like you, they connect with you and they will book with you. The beauty of all of this is that you can re-use, recycle and repurpose your content for months, if not years, so you do not have to keep creating new new new.

So, are you convinced that content is key to the growth of your wedding business?

If you are then you may be sitting there wondering what you can actually write about. That is where I can help you with my One Week to Done Content Package.

In one week we will have you set up for the next 6 months, and beyond, with a system that will work for you again and again.  You can read more and book here >>>

Your action

Start writing and get that content out there!

If you need help – shout.

I can help you lovely 

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

6 Reasons Why Blogging will Book You Brides

6 Reasons Why Blogging will Book You Brides

18 APRIL 2017 // CONTENT

When I start working with my wonderful wedding biz clients one of the first questions I ask is “Do you blog regularly?” (Well actually I take a sneaky look at their website before the call of course but I like to ask the question to see what the reaction is). This is often answered with three responses

01. Ummm no…what is a blog?

02. Yes and I blumin love it!

03. I kinda do but don’t think I am doing it right.

Whichever answer you are, it is OK, you have taken the first step to reading this blog to find out why it is so great for your wedding biz so you have taken the first step – whoop! I know that the word blogging can make you shudder…it feels so grand! But blogging is basically writing. Writing an article, a newsletters, a journal entry, a post – it is just writing.

Blogging can be transformationational to your business.

Really.

Brides read blogs. Blogs are simply wonderful at driving traffic (your brides) to your website.  There are lots of elements of blogging that need to be considered like What to post, where to post, how to make the  most of the post, but once you have that sussed, it is really super duper easy – trust me. You just need to get into the blogging flow.

There are so many brides reading blogs, it is a shame to miss out on this chance! Using apps such as Bloglovin, Google Plus, Pinterest and all sorts of others, you can get great exposure from blogs if they are done right.

Six Reasons why blogging is worth your while if you are a wedding business:

01. Blogging gives you a reason to post on social media. One of the biggest grumbles I hear from people when I say “You need to post on social media consistently” is “OK, Emma, that is fine BUT WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO POST?”. From ONE blog post you could have a week’s worth of social media posts. Seriously.

02. Blogging drives traffic to your website (Pst traffic = your brides). One of the trickiest things to growing your wedding biz can be to move brides from your social media to your website (where they can then have a mooch around and see what you have to offer) but blogs are a great way of directing traffic to your website. They close that gap. They provide the step. Once your bride has landed on your website you have a better chance of converting them to a bride (because you can capture their email by offering a freebie or if that fails you can use a Facebook pixel to re-target them – those are topics for another day!).

03. Blogging demonstrates your expertise. It can feel a little (OK very) icky shouting all the time saying “I know what I am doing! OVER HERE! HELLLOOOOOO BRIDES! I am FAB at what I do! You NEED to have me at your wedding!!”. We find it very difficult to blow our own trumpets, especially as women, we can easily slide behind praise and blush slightly. But you know what, you have SO much knowledge and expertise about what you do. If you have been in the industry for a long time then you have all that expertise and you know your stuff! If you have just started out then you have the passion and the desire that you can share in a big way. Blogging helps you demonstrate your expertise because when you write you will talk about things that you know and this will in turn showcase your expertise without being really obvious. And brides will connect with you more with this expertise.

04. Blogging builds trust. We are all suspicious as purchasers but Brides can be super suspicious because of horror stories that happen in the wedding industry, companies going bump, letting brides down, not delivering or just being scammed. They are not just buying something for a party – they are buying a piece of the perfect – most amazing day of their life puzzle so they are understandably a little more cautious. If you blog regularly then you will be seen as “proper” and brides will have an easier time trusting you because they will see that you are active and you get the industry. This will help you convert more brides to booked brides.

05. Blogging helps you get found easier. This is for a number of reasons but the main one is that Google loves websites that have new content added to them regularly. Because then they know you are an active website and therefore they will prioritise you in the search engines. That’s gotta be worth it alone right! ALSO the more interesting blogs you have on your site the longer your brides will stay on your site and Google likes that to because it means you can be trusted because you are clearly delivering what you say you are going to. If you cross link your blogs then they are going to stay around for even longer.

06. Blogging moves your brides closer to your products or services. If you are clever with your blogging you can link your blogs through to products or services you offer in a genuine way and this means that your brides will find what you have to offer easier and therefore are more likely to read more about what you have to offer and become a booked bride.

I could go on with the reasons why blogging is brilliant for your wedding business but I will stop there.

To finish up this blog post here are a few other hints and tips to good blogging. If you would like more, keep an eye out on my You Tube Channel because I am going to be starting a blogging mini series over there to help you get started. CLICK HERE 

The key to good blogging?

  • Writing content that your brides want to read, that demonstrates your expertise, that feds to your website, that draws brides closer to you.
  • You need to use good imagery, good headlines and they need to be written well.
  • They also need to be promoted well – there is no point writing a blog, popping it on your website and hoping that brides will find it…you need to promote it!

 

ACTION

So if you are regularly blogging them see how you can improve what you are doing OR how you can make the most out of what you are doing. If you are not currently blogging then seriously consider whether it could be good for you (pst – the answer is it will be!) and start to take steps to build it into your future plans.

EXTRA RESOURCE

Download my blog workflow here as an extra resource https://weddingbizbootcamp.simplero.com/page/72096-blogworkflow

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

The Instagram 9 (and how to have a curated feed)

The Instagram 9.

30 MARCH 2017 // SOCIAL MEDIA

I bloody love Instagram. It really appeals to the visual part of me, the creative part. I love seeing the images that people create, the story they are telling through their feed. I love seeing how people evolve their Instagram feed over time and also the subtle changes that happen throughout the seasons. I love the opportunity for connection with Instagrammers too, and the fact that the platform still feels quite genuine and not “too” staged. I say “too” here because yes, things are still styled (in most cases) but the commentary that goes along with Instagram is, I feel, more genuine. If you ignore the spammers of course!

Earlier this week I met with two of my business buddies and whilst enjoying teacakes and coffee we started talking about Instagram and how sometimes it can feel a little too perfect. A little too styled. A little too planned. I am going to cover that in a moment, but before I do I think it is important to say that I think it is easy to get caught into the same trap as we have with some other social media. Just doing it because we “have to”. Scheduling so far in advance that we have forgotten what is being posted and I feel that this really disconnects us from the message we are putting out into the world. I am all for being efficient and using tech to help make things easier, but being genuine and authentic is also super important to me.

I used to use Meet Edgar for my social media scheduling which I loved from one aspect – it was efficient, it was quick and my social media feeds were always full – but because I was scheduling soooo far in advance, I felt like I really disconnected with the message I was putting out there and this just didn’t sit well with me.

Now, I still do pre-schedule my posts in Facebook but I only do it a few days/a week in advance so that I can stay connected with what I am actually saying!

It is that connection that I love so much about Instagram. There are only a few apps where you can pre-schedule in Instagram so the feed has a far more organic feel to it, does that make sense?

A curated feed

I think it is really important to focus on having a curated feed and by that I mean a feed that works together. It is like when you go to an art gallery, you would expect to see similar styles of paintings together, they would just work together. This doesn’t necessarily mean they need to be of the same thing, but they need to have the same look and feel, there needs to be some consistency.

So how can you create a curated feed?  

First off we want to make sure that as soon as a bride sees your Instagram feed so knows what it is you do. As lovely as it is to see pictures of your cat, or of the blueberry pancakes you have made out of the latest cook book your bought, unless your business focuses on cats or food then consider whether it is telling the story you want it to. If you are a wedding stationer and your cat is sitting in your ribbons, even though it may be a cute photo, think about whether your brides would want cat haired ribbons on their invitations! Everything you put out there is telling a story so just ask yourself before you post it “Is this putting out the message I want it to.”  Remember your brides are looking at your Instagram feed to see wedding stuff, stuff they are going to love. If your soul bride is really on trend then fill your feed with the latest trends, with the latest pantone colours, with the things that will attract her eye in a busy landscape.

If you are a cake maker we want 80% of your feed to be cakes.

If you are a florist we want 80% of your feed to be flowers.

If you are a wedding stationer we want 80% of your feed to be invitations.

The other 20% We want that to be things that tell the story of you and your business. We want to see the tools you use, pictures of you, pictures of your workspace, pictures of things that build your story.

This is where the Instagram 9 comes into play. When a bride finds you on Instagram she will get a sense as to whether you are right for her from the first 9 images you have on your Instagram Feed.

 

Here is mine as of today.

The beauty of the Instagram 9 is that if you look at your feed now and think “Oh crikey this needs work” you can see a different in just 9 days if you post everyday. How great is that! If you go to my Instagram page HERE and scroll down you will see how random and uncurated my feed was when I first started.  By focusing and staying consistent you can see the change that has been made. I am still learning Instagram and still growing and focusing on how I can use it as a platform so I am not saying any of this from an expert status, but more from a this is my learning so far. We are all learning you know 🙂

This is how my feed has changed over the past few months:

How can you keep your Instagram feed consistent?

I get that it can be difficult to see how you can tie your Instagram feed together, this was also something we chatted about over our teacakes, and you know what we decided the best way was? To incorporate a consistent colour. You will likely have a colour that you use in your biz, perhaps it is one in your logo, one that you use through your website.

Keep an eye out in your home for things that are that colour, or when you are out and about. Perhaps it is some ribbon, some fabric, a vase, a pen, a notebook, a coaster, a pair of shoes – literally anything! Incorporate a colour into your feed that links to your brand – that is the easiest way of getting consistency when you are posting different types of images.

Planning your feed

So even though I feel it is important to be organic and genuine with your feed, I do strongly believe that it is important to have a little plan for 3 reasons.

#1 We like a plan – it makes us feel organised!

#2 If you plan you are more likely to stay consistent with what you are doing

#3 You get that curated feel to your feed and this will attract your brides

You can still move things around and play with it if you want to – if, for example, you see something that you have to post that day, do it and just reshuffle your feed ( I will give you some tools in a sec!)

 

ACTION:

So think about your Instagram 9. Draw a grid of 3 x 4 and roughly set out what you are going to do for each section and think about the way it all looks together. Like I say, you want a bride to land on your feed & know what you do instantly

 

Tools I use

As ever, there are a list of tools that make everything easier and here are the ones I use for Instagram.

  • I take my photos on my iPhone, just using the photo function, I never take the picture directly in Instagram because the quality never seems as good.
  • I then edit the photo in an app called Afterlight (read about this here)
  • I use an app called Mosaico to plan out my feed so that I can see how it all looks together before I actually post it on Instagram – this is the way you achieve your curated feed. There are other apps that do this but this has been my favourite so far
  • I then add the edited photo to the Dropbox app on my iPhone and sync with my Dropbox so I have it on my desktop (if you don’t use Dropbox you could just email the photo to yourself)
  • I use an application called Grum which is on desktop and this allows me to post directly to Instagram from my desktop so I can attach the image (or a meme if I have done that on my desktop) and then type in my comments, add emojis where appropriate and my hashtags and post OR schedule (Grum allows you to actually schedule on Instagram)
  • If you post directly on Instagram from your phone you can skip the two steps above and just carry on with the way you do it now! A top tip I have though is to make sure you save your hashtags in a note on your phone so you can just copy and paste them every time (there is also a snazzy text shortcut thing you can do but I will cover that in another post!). Another top tip, if you don’t like typing on your phone, type up your comment on your email and send it to yourself and just copy and paste it across. This is also great for batching.
  • I then interact with comments on my instagram feed either from my phone or from Instagram on my desktop

Batching

One final note to help you with keeping it up, because I know that life takes over and it is all well and good me saying “Post everyday on Instagram but don’t overschedule and become disconnected”. You still need to think ahead and this is where batching comes to life! I blumin love batching. Batching is simply grouping tasks together that make sense to do together. So, for example, if you are taking pictures for your Instagram feed, it makes sense to take a batch of them together, whilst you are “in the mood”, whilst you have the lighting right, the camera out (or your phone) and all your bits and pieces together. Batching your photos also helps to create that consistent feel.

If you are posting memes too, like I do, I batch create them all in one go to so that I have then there ready to use.

The best way to batch? Plan time in your diary and get it done! I batch most things in my business and it works wonderfully.

 

TO SUM UP:

Having a genuine Instagram feed that shares your story and your message to appeal to the brides you want to draw into your business will help you connect.

Comment below and let me know what you think of this, and share your Instagram handle so I can follow you. Follow me here >>>

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

Your Wedding Business Needs Your Voice.

Your Wedding Business Needs Your Voice.

27 MARCH 2017 // YOU & PEP TALK 

Your business needs to have you entwined in it. Your voice. You. ✋  No one else.

What do I mean by voice?

 I mean the way you write, the way you come across, the way you represent your brand. You see most brides and grooms will find you online, on your social media, on your website so they won’t see or hear your actual physical voice BUT they will read it. The words you use, the way you say them, the personality you inject into your words will paint a picture of you and this is what I mean by your voice.

So you know you when you land on a website and you read the pages and they just feel like they are talking to you? It is because the person writing that copy, those words, have added their own voice to what they have written. They haven’t copied, or worked of a template, they have written as they would talk and this helps brides to connect to YOU. And this connection is really important.

So think of ways that you can add your voice into your words with a simple trick – read your words out loud and see if they sound like you, if they don’t, then have a play and make them sound like you because this will help you attract the right brides t o you.

Emma ❤️ x

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

How to Stay On Trend in the Wedding Industry

An Easy Way to Stay on Trend in the Wedding Industry.

8 NOVEMBER 2016 // YOUR COPY & BIZ SH*T

To be seen as an expert you need to keep up with what wedding trends are on the horizon. This not only makes you look super profess with your brides and grooms but it also helps you to generate new products and services that are going to be BANG ON trend which will be awesome for your wedding biz for lots of reasons (i.e. you may become the next hot thing! Imagine if you have been #1 on the rose gold trend, the geometric trend, the marble trend!).

But I get that you do not have hours each day to keep on top of what is going on in the industry so I wanted to share a really practical way that you can stay on top of trends and fuel your creativity.  Let me introduce you to BlogLovin’. I blogging love it! BlogLovin’ brings together blogs from all over the web into one handy dandy newsfeed which generates based on your interests. BlogLovin’ allows you to “Discover what’s popular in fashion, beauty, interior design, food & more. Find new interesting blogs or simply stay up to date with what’s hot right now.” [Source: www.bloglovin.com].

In the video below I show you how you can set up BlogLovin’ and share with you some ideas of how you can use it really effectively in your wedding business.

Also, you can add your blog to BlogLovin’ so you could be appearing in someone elses’ newsfeed (like your brides!) and think can be a a HUGE way of growing your business! That is a blog for another day, but just bear in mind, this is something you can be part of by starting to write epic blogs and doing a bit of techie stuff (like adding some code to your website – don’t freak out, I can show you how!).

So watch the video and get addicted to BlogLovin’ (just remember to NOT let it take over your life…top tip: I check my BlogLovin’ emails once a week when I am looking for some inspiration)

Resource: https://www.bloglovin.com/ 

(PST: Join me for a free online masterclass on Wednesday 16 November @ 11am where I will show you how to make pretty graphics for your wedding business + give you some free templates too! Only 50 seats available – book your spot here  >>> )

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.

10 Writing Prompts for your Wedding Business

How to be a Better Writer.

25 AUGUST 2016 // YOUR COPY & WORDS

Sometimes thinking of ideas of what to write in your blog, in your newsletter, or even just in your journal can be tricky. It is all good and well business coaches like me saying “Oh just think of what your ideal bride would LOVE to read and write this.” But actually, sometimes, that can be hard and I totally get that.

Wedding Biz Owners often say to me

“I really really want to try and keep up with my blogging and sending newsletters but I can never think of what to write.”

And you know what, everyone faces this in their business – thinking of new content all of the time can be draining and a little bit overwhelming. But you know what I have found? That when you start writing things just often come to you. It’s like when you start chatting to a friend in the pub or over a cup of coffee, conversations just start flowing and you talk about some weird and wonderful things! When I look back at my Google Search history after an intense pub conversation I always giggle at myself as I remember the start of the conversations!

So, sometimes, all you need is a little prompt to get the creative juices flowing. A subject, a headline, a few basic bullets about what to write about and you are off! There is no stopping you. If you are sitting down to write don’t sit down and think “Oh I am rubbish at this and I can never think of anything to write!”. Sit down and think “OK, I am having a chat with my bestie and the conversation is flowing about [insert subject]” and then just start writing. Trust me, it works.

I just want to say here that YES, the content you are writing has to be interesting to your ideal bride (don’t panic if you don’t know who yours is…check out this post here) but it also has to feel REAL from you and the best way to achieve that is to find a subject or a topic you feel passionate about and write about it! Fallen in love with a new trend? Write about it and talk about how it can be incorporated into a wedding. Fallen in love with a poem you read or a vow you heard about or a hymn sung at a wedding? Talk about it. Honestly, anything goes!

THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS. YOUR VOICE. AND YOUR CHANCE TO LET BRIDES FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU.

Here are some writing prompts that may help you – they are not wedding related BUT they will certainly get you thinking and into the mode of writing, sometimes that is all it takes to find that little bit of inspiration!

 

PROMPT #1

If you only had 3 words to describe yourself to someone who was just meeting you, what would they be? Then write a parapgraph on each.

PROMPT #2

What matters most to you and why?

PROMPT #3

Write about your favourite adventure from your life so far.

PROMPT #4

Write about something you wish you had known when you were younger. How could it have helped or changed you?

PROMPT #5

Write a list of 30 things that make you feel good.

PROMPT #6

Dig out an old keepsake or photo and write about what it makes you remember and feel.

PROMPT #7

Describe the scent of your favourite perfume and how it makes you feel.

PROMPT #8

Who do you consider to be a hero and why?

PROMPT #9

Describe the way the sun filters through the sk.

PROMPT #10

Write about something that scares you.

So there you have 10 writing prompts that you can use to get you in the mood (the writing mood not THAT mood…!). Now, you may think “Ummmm….what the heck has this to do with growing my wedding business?!”. My answer: A LOT! Writing in your wedding  business is one of the best ways for brides to get to see you, get to know you, get to like you. You could use these prompts at 10 blog topics to show an insight into YOU and the YOUness in your business. Brides like to know who they are buying off, who they will be working with and the more involved you are in the service you offer, the more you can start to charge because of the love and attention you give. You could alter these prompts to be relevant to weddings such as…

“Describe the way the sun filters through the sky”  change to  “Describe the way a bride walks down the isle”

If you want to see more posts about writing, take a look here and here.

See you soon

Emma x

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

JOIN THE FUN

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It’s pretty great over here.

JOIN US TODAY >>

The Power Paragraph

How one paragraph can hook your brides in & keep them there

29 JULY 2016 // YOUR COPY AND WORDS

When your ideal bride and groom land on your website and start to look at what you have to offer you need to capture their attention RIGHT FROM THE START. Being boring doesn’t cut it, you need to infuse the description with your passion and personality.

INTRODUCING THE POWER PARAGRAPH!

This is the opening paragraph that packs a punch (phew – there are lots of p’s in that!). The opening paragraph has to GRAB your brides attention. It has to be super clear and packed full of personality and intrigue.  If written with your ideal bride in mind, they will WANT to read more. You will use words that create an emotion. Words that draw them in. It will be so wonderfully laid out it will make it clear and easy WHAT they need to do to move closer to booking you.

Because that is the point of the product and service pages on your website right? To get brides to book you. This is also true for any products you have on external selling sites such as Etsy and Not on The High Street. They are so crowded with suppliers that you need to stand out, and you can do this with the descriptions you use for stuff you sell! Start with THE POWER PARAGRAPH (I felt like I had to write that in caps!) and you will be onto a winner.

{Bonus Tip} Also, the power paragraph can be stuffed with your key words, so that it helps your SEO – getting you even more interested brides and grooms visiting your site.

 

THE 5 P’S OF PRODUCT PAGES

The Power Paragraph is one of the 5 P’s of Product Pages that sell:

>> Passion

>> Personality

>> Power Paragraph

>> Persuasion

>> Process*

*I know process sounds boring (yawn!) BUT you need to have structure to your product pages – structure that draws your brides to reading more and that pulls them towards clicking THAT button. Pst…THAT button is the buy now, book now or enquire now button! After reading your sales page your bride should be COMPELLED to press that button – just like the “DO NOT PRESS” button in the glass elevator in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory…too hard to resist!

HOMEWORK  

When was the last time you looked at your product and service page descriptions? Like really looked at this with a critical eye. Often times, they are created when you first create a product or service and then they get neglected.

>> If you are a wedding stationer, do your collections tell a story?

>> If you are a wedding planner, do your services really demonstrate the value and expertise you offer?

>> If you are a florist, do you really tell people what they get from booking with you, the consultations, the advice, the love and care?

>> If you are a wedding photographer, do you really set out the true value and attention you give your brides in the packages and services you offer?
>> If you are a wedding dress designer, do you make your brides feel compelled to want to find out more about what you offer?

Whatever your wedding awesome is (I could go on here…!) you NEED to really tell a story with the products and services that you offer. I get really sad when I see all the wonderful work wedding business owners are doing to get IN FRONT of their ideal brides and grooms, only to let it drop when they are sooooooo close to the finish line!

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

JOIN THE FUN

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It’s pretty great over here.

JOIN US TODAY >>

How to be a better writer

How to be a better writer.

18 APRIL 2016 // YOUR COPY & WORDS

This weeks GROW YOUR WEDDING BIZ challenge deals with one of the things that I know people worry about all of the time…HOW TO WRITE!

This is a really simple exercise. It is something I do each and everyday and it is something I advise my clients to do.

Watch the video below to see how you can be a better writer in just 15 minutes a day >>>

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

JOIN THE FUN

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It’s pretty great over here.

JOIN US TODAY >>

5 Tips to create headlines that capture brides

Writing headlines that captivate your brides + printable.

26 FEBRUARY 2016 // YOUR COPY AND WORDS

Words are super duper important in your business because your words represent you and your business. Your words and your brand are what your brides buy – yes of course they are buying the service or product you offer BUT if your words don’t TALK to them and your brand doesn’t APPEAL tothem then you won’t get the booking or the sale. But there is a step before the words that people often overlook. THE HEADLINES!

Headlines are even MORE important in some ways because if the headline to what you are saying to rubbish, then the words that sit underneath the headline will never get read. If the words are never read then you will never get a booking or a sale.  OK, so that is a little dramatic BUT… there is a lot of sense in what I am saying, trust me.

In this week’s video I am talking about WHY headlines are so important and HOW you can create headlines that capture your brides. I am going to share with you 5 tips to headlines that grab and the recipe that you can follow each time you write a headline. No longer will you struggle for creating headlines that your brides cannot wait to click through to (use the handy printable to keep it front of mind)!

Now, before we get into the video, I just want to clear something up…if you are thinking “I don’t DO things with headlines in my wedding biz” then I am here to say you do. A headline is not just for a magazine. A headline is the first thing that a bride will read, the first impression. Whether this is a page on your website, your freebie title, a blog title, a newsletter subject line, a social media post, a product or service page. Using bride catching headlines throughout your biz will help you grow because the bride catching headline will make that bride click through to whatever it is you want them to click through to!

Click play and watch the video – there is also a free printable for you to download to help you  >>> CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS

 

If you are still struggling with headlines, here are some tips and tools to help:

  • Pick up a newspaper, a glossy mag or even better still, a wedding mag
  • Look at the emails you open and whyUse a tool to help you…

http://tweakyourbiz.com/tools/title-generator/  and  https://www.portent.com/tools/title-maker are great free tools!

Emma

x

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

JOIN THE FUN

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It’s pretty great over here.

JOIN US TODAY >>

5 Reasons why e-newsletters grow your wedding business

Newsletters. Grow. Your. Business. #thatisall

9 JANUARY 2015 // BIZ SH*T & BRIDE EXPERIENCE

I really cannot stress enough how important it is to send newsletters to your brides and grooms, and I want to tell you 5 reasons why…

#1 Newsletters build the likeability factor!

Brides get to know more about you, your brand and your story. Brides need to know, like, and trust you before they book *in most cases!*

#2 You can demonstrate your expertise in a genuine, non salesy way by adding value and being helpful! This shows the skills you have and makes the bride want to book you.

#3 You are in control of your marketing. You are not relying on social media to show your posts, you are landing directly into the inbox of the brides that want to hear from you; they have money to spend; and that need your products and services.

#4 They keep you front of mind! You have to consistently land in the inbox of your brides so that when they are ready to book the service that you offer, they are more likely to book you!

#5 Newsletters gets you bookings! They are one of the best ways to complement your other marketing efforts…and they are free!

I can hand on heart say that newsletters have grown my business. They have grown the business of my wedding clients. If you want to grow your wedding business the #1 action I would advise you to do is SEND NEWSLETTERS!

What do you think? What stops you?

Emma

x

BIZ SH*T

How to Choose the Right Business Planner for You >>

BRIDE EXPERIENCE

Do you really really understand the bride journey? >>

BIZ SH*T

Is advertising a big old waste of money? >>

Emma Etheridge

Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.

JOIN THE FUN

THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB

The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It’s pretty great over here.

JOIN US TODAY >>

Want to Plan your 2019 in Two Days?YES!
+

Pin It on Pinterest