How to stay motivated when you just can’t be bothered
11 JULY 2017 // YOU & BIZ SH*T
We all have those days. You know the ones I mean. When you have a massive
So, first off. You are Normal.
Second. How can you motivate yourself when you do feel like this? Because sometimes these days can drag on, and on and on and you need to nip it in the bud!
5 Ways to motivate yourself in your business
01. Put on some music. Really REALLY loud and have a dance. Now, before you roll your eyes are me – try it! I used to hate tips like this but, honestly, it works. This is my #1 mood lifter.
02. Make a list. OK, not the most exciting thing in the world UNLESS you make it so! Use your favourite pen, your prettiest notebook and make a list. It might me writing down your
03. Connect with others who get it! Being self-employed is lonely! There, I said it! It can be really really hard when you are on your own, doing your own thing, in charge of your own time. Because of
04. Go for a walk. Round the park, to the local coffee shop (or pub!). Wherever – just get a change of scenery. This is an instant mood lifter and this is often what I do when I have a crazy busy day and need to refocus.
05. Do something fun for you! This will be different for everyone. Your fun may be reading a book, a magazine, listening to a podcast, searching for funny cat videos on YouTube (guilty!), or watching an episode of your latest Netflix obsession. Make some bread, a cake or do make something yummy. Have a medicine bag of tricks that you can pull out when you need a lift. Mine? I tend to do a little yoga session, go and read my book or even sometimes be really luxurious and go and have a bath in the middle of the day! Anything to hit that reset button.
Bonus tip = Don’t wallow is busy and unproductivity! There is NO POINT having a pity party on your own. DON’T sit in front of your laptop getting wound up because you are not doing anything. If you find yourself being
So next time you are in a CBA (can’t be arsed!) mood, try one of these. IF you STILL feel the same, then just go with it. Have a break. Allow yourself the afternoon off and start
P.S Have you signed up for the free Mooch to Smooch training? A 6-part free training series where I am going to walk you through 6 steps you can take to get a bride booking you + you will get a 2-page action plan to grow your wedding business. Sign up here >>>
Emma is The Wedding Biz Coach. Working with wedding professionals all over the world to help them grow their wedding businesses. She teaches more than just the what and the why. She teaches the how. She teaches the invisible aspects of running a business, of being an entrepreneur. Her approachable nature and easy to learn style means that once scary strategies become non-scary. They become do-able, achievable. Nothing is impossible.
THE WEDDING BIZ CLUB
The place to be for any wedding business owner who craves community and support and business friendship and business bundles of loveliness (without leaving the house!). It's pretty great over here.